This section provides key student information. Please refer to the Parent Handbook for more information. Link to Student Handbook
Our Parent Handbook for the upcoming Summer and Fall Sessions is on the following pages. For more information, please call the Preschool Office at (256) 353-1353 or email the Director at Preschool@StPaulsDec.com Have a blessed day!
Link to Parent Handbook
What to Bring
- Each child needs to bring a lunch and drink in an insulated lunch bag. Children with a food allergy or strong dislike should have this noted on the Health Record.
- A snack will be provided before Preschool and after rest time for children in Extended Care.
- Extended Care children should bring a small blanket for rest time; the blanket will be returned weekly to be cleaned at home.
- Toys should not be brought to school except on designated "show and share" days. No toy guns or weapons will be allowed at school.
- Each child should be dressed for active play in simple, washable, practical play clothes with convenient fasteners for self-help. Girls should wear shorts or leggings under skirts/dresses.
- The children play outdoors when the weather permits;
each child should be dressed accordingly with an appropriate coat or jacket.
- A change of clothes (including socks) for each child should be sent to Preschool in a zip lock or plastic bag labeled with the child's name; soiled or wet clothing will be returned home in the bag in case of mishaps.
- Loosearticlesofclothing(jackets,sweaters,raincoats,etc.)should have the child's name marked in the label.
- Children not yet potty-trained are to wear regular diapers and not the “pull-up style” while attending class unless they can be put on without undressing the child.
- Children should wear closed-toe shoes. We have found that crocs are not safe to wear, especially in the gym;
a pair of closed-toe shoes may be left at school if the parent desires.
- Proper footwear is required for students to participate in structured P.E. time.